I am currently a Dual-degree PhD student in Software Engineering, supervised by Prof. He Jiang , at the School of Software in Dalian University of Technology (DUT), and in Computer Science, supervised by Prof. Lingxiao Jiang and Prof. Xuhua Ding , at the School of Computing and Information Systems in Singapore Management University (SMU).
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
- Paul R. Ehrlich
Software systems written by humans tend to be unreliable and insecure. My research interests focus on developing practical techniques and tools that can help improve the reliability and security of software systems (mainly system software such as compilers and Linux kernel). I am quite interested in developing advanced automated approaches, based on program analysis techniques such as fuzzing and symbolic execution, to resolve labor-intensive engineering tasks, e.g., automatic bug finding and exploit generation.
- [Oct 2022] I received National Scholarship for Doctoral Students from DUT! Thanks everyone who helped me along the way!
- [Aug 2022] Our paper titled “FastKLEE: Faster Symbolic Execution via Reducing Redundant Bound Checking of Type-Safe Pointers” has been accepted to the Tool Demonstrations Track of ACM Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE 2022)!
- [Jul 2022] Our paper titled “RemGen: Remanufacturing A Random Program Generator for Compiler Testing” has been accepted in the 33rd IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE 2022)! (Highlight: we have reported 56, of which 37+ have been fixed by developers, compiler optimzation bugs in GCC and LLVM.)
- [Apr 2022] Our paper titled “Detecting C++ Compiler Front-end Bugs via Grammar Mutation and Differential Testing” has been accepted in IEEE Transactions on Reliability! (Highlight: we have reported 136, of which 67+ have alreadly been confirmed or fixed by developers, bugs in GCC and LLVM compiler front-ends.)
- [Dec 2020] Our paper was rejected from ICSE 2021… Hmmm, keep smile and move on!
- [Mar 2020] Opened my academic homepage!
[Last updated on October 2022]